This course combines the following courses:
A mariner who successfully completes the course will satisfy the following requirements: 1. Basic Training per STCW Code Section A-VI/1; and 46 CFR 11.302(a) and 46 CFR 12.602(a); 3. Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2)[Basic only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3); 4. the firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3); and 5. the first aid and CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(i)(1).
REQUIREMENTS FOR ORIGINAL ENDORSEMENT
1. Completion of CG approved STCW course for ALL four BT elements
completed WITHIN the previous 5 years:
- Basic Fire Fighting (F/F)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility(PSSR)
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Elementary First Aid (1st Aid)
2. If original BT courses were completed MORE THAN 5 years ago,
evidence of 360 days sea service for EVERY 5 years since original BT
courses completed. The service may be in any capacity aboard a vessel that is
required to hold regular fire, emergency, or abandon ship drills AND;
a. A CG Approved Basic Training Revalidation course dated within the last
b. BT Courses for: Fire prevention and Fire Fighting and Personal Survival
Techniques courses dated within the last 5 years.